It’s “Crack the Safe” time, with plenty of £1k prizes up for grabs, we thought we’d help you along with our teams’ top recommendations for spending a grand in Leeds… just in case you need some help!
1. Victoria Gate Casino
Spend the night with us! Buy a new outfit, bring your friends and kick the night off exploring our restaurant menu. Work your way through our new cocktail list and treat yourself to dessert. Then on our slots machines, poker tables or on any of our other table games!
2. Leeds Festival
Get your tickets for three days of the best rock, indie and metal music to grace the Leeds Festival. With major bands and artists like Food Fighters, Post Malone, You Me at Six and Royal Blood. A weekend ticket is £205 – That’s you plus 5 mates for a fiver each!
3. Victoria Leeds
What is better than a shopping trip? Victoria Leeds has all of the top fashion for all your shopping needs. Shop ‘till you drop!
4. Virgin Balloon Flights at Temple Newsam House and Farm
See the beautiful and breath-taking view of Leeds from the skies in a hot air balloon. You can enjoy the city skyline, woods and farmland. So if you’re looking for things to do in Leeds, put a hot air balloon ride at the top of your list.
5. Heli-Jet Aviation
Have you always had the desire to fly a Helicopter? With Heli-Jet that dream can become reality! Book yourself a course of Heli-Jet flying lessons.
It’s that time of year again…. the most valuable jump race in Europe! Where will your money be… Tiger Roll, a favourite for a back-to-back win, or the Welsh National Winner Elegant Escape? There is no better place to watch the race action than our Live Bar, and just for fun, we thought we’d tell you what we love about Aintree’s star fixture;
- A horse owned by the Queen, Devon Loch, collapsed mysteriously right before the finish line in 1956. An incident that still cannot officially be explained…
- The tallest fence at the Grand National, the Chair, stands at 5ft 2in and is the broadest.
- William Dutton, an amateur, entered the race in 1929 and was told by a friend that he would only win if all the other horses fell. They did, only 2 out of 41 finished the race and Dutton won!
- The Grand National has a number of named fences. One of the most famous is the Water Jump where most of the spectacular shots can be seen.
- The first woman to complete the course was Geraldine Rees in 1982.
- Ambush II, the Grand National winner in 1900 was owned by The Prince of Wales (King Edward VII.)
- The youngest jockey to win a race was Bruce Hobbs, aged 17 aboard Battleship in 1938.
- Wood from spruce trees from the Lake District were used to make the fences at Aintree. The building work cost tens of thousands of pounds and took months to complete.
- A successful 19th century punt came in 1866 when owner/ trainer Edward Studd had £1,000 at 40/1 about Salamander. His £40,000 winnings would equate to nearly £3 million at today’s values.
- Five of the first Grand National’s had a wall jump made of stone situated where the water jump now is.
- Mr Frisk recorded a victory in 1990 with the fastest ever time is the 8 minutes 47.8 seconds.
- In 2013 Channel 4 saw the first screening of the Grand National.
- The most successful horse of the Grand National is Red Rum, winning the Grand National three times: 1973, 1974 and 1977.
- 51 year old Rosemary Henderson finished fifth in 1994 on her own 100/1 shot Fiddlers Pike. She then went on to write a book about her exploits called ‘Road to the National.’
- The only horse to have won the Grand National and the American Grand National is Battleship.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve with us at Victoria Gate Casino
SET SPARKS FLYING WITH OUR NEW YEAR’S EVE PARTY
JOIN US FROM 8PM ON 31ST DECEMBER
PERFORMANCE FROM VIBETOWN & A DJ ‘TIL LATE
See the year off with dazzling live entertainment, drinks and dancing all night long.
Plus free glass of ﬁzz for everyone as the clock strikes midnight!
VIP packages available:
Private table next to the dancefloor & band – Only 10 tables available (Minimum 4 people per table). £50 Per person.
- 1 bucket of beers (5 bottles) or 1 bottle of wine per person
- Chefs canapes
- £5 gaming chip and £5 slot machine cash match
5 Course Dinner in V Restaurant including glass of fizz on arrival and table for the night – £70 per person
To book a VIP package or 5 Course Dinner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Deck the halls with your very own homemade wreath!
Thursday 29th November 1-3pm
Get creative this season with our wreath making workshop hosted by a local professional florists, Floral Expression.
We’ll provide everything you need to make the perfect decoration as well as a complimentary glass of fizz or mulled wine and mince pies whilst you get crafty.
General Admission tickets are £35 per person (£29 early bird) which includes:
– Your wreath and all materials to decorate it with
– Glass of fizz or mulled wine and mince pie
– Entry ticket into our 1st advent calendar draw
Availability is limited so book your place now to avoid disappointment!
Join us on Wednesday 14th November to enjoy a superb rum and tequila tasting experience in our luxury Curve bar!
Hosted by Barcardi, during this one night only event you’ll get to learn all about the heritage of the spirits whilst indulging in a selection of premium samples.
Family-owned Bacardi has a presence in more than 170 markets worldwide and their portfolio includes more than 200 brands and labels including the world’s best-selling and most-awarded rum BACARDÍ® as well as PATRÓN® tequila, the world’s highest-quality ultra-premium tequila.
You will be greeted by our friendly team and Bacardi ambassador who will provide you with a welcome drink.
After a brief overview of rum history and production you’ll then get to sample a premium aged gold and dark rum, followed by a classic rum cocktail.
Refresh your tastebuds with a serving of delicious canapes before moving on to sampling a number of superior Patron tequilas including a Mexpresso Martini with Patron Silver & Patron XO Café.
Tickets are £20 per person. Availability is limited so buy yours now to avoid disappointment!
Your ticket to our Rum & Tequila Tasting Experience includes:
- Bacardi welcome drink
- Bacardi rum tasting including 2 samples and a Pina Colada cocktail sampler
- Patron tequila opening drink
- Patron tequila tasting including 2 samples and a Mexpresso Martini cocktail sampler
- Learn about the heritage and production of rum & tequila
Strictly over 18’s only. We practice a Challenge 25 policy. Please drink responsibly.
Join us if you dare on Saturday 27th October from 8pm til late for a fright night full of thrill, chills and spooktacular prizes
You’re invited to celebrate Halloween with our spooktacular Nightmare Before Christmas party
Dress to thrill for frightfully brilliant entertainment and trick or treat prizes at Victoria Gate Casino.
Dare to discover your fortune, dance to our DJ and get your face painted for a drop-dead gorgeous makeover.
Fancy a free glass of fizz? We’ll treat the first 200 guests on arrival.
We’re dying to see you there!
We’re excited to announce the launch of our new Gin Club – a menu of nineteen flavoursome Gins by top craft distilleries including The Botanist and Brockmans, so you’re sure to find your perfect serve.
To celebrate the launch, we’ve partnered with Fever Tree to host a one-night-only tasting experience. On Friday 5th October, guests will try a selection of the finest Gins paired with premium Fever Tree tonics in our luxury cocktail bar, Curve.
This is an event not to be missed! You’ll enjoy a tipple in the stylish venue, and be treated to a selection of canapes. Following the tasting, you’ll also have the option to sign up to become a loyalty member of Victoria Gate Casino which will unlock an exclusive 20% discount* on the Gin Club menu for the rest of the evening. And to end the night, you’ll receive a goody bag to take home.
The night doesn’t have to end there though… We have live music features every Friday and Saturday night from 9pm and our Live Bar features the biggest sports screen in Leeds.
Tickets for the Gin Club Launch event are limited, and can be purchased online here.
*20% discount only available to Loyalty members. Customers can sign up to Loyalty at Guest Service.